Begin Again!

Begin Again!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Body Language and Peanutbutter Cookies

One of the biggest things I learned here so far is how to read body language. After such a time living in a foreign country where your speaking skills are limited, to begin to realize that body language says almost everything about a person. Germans all have a certain way of saying things, with a certain face or tone thats quite similar (as does the rest of the world). Being here for four months, I've learned what means what, and what I can just pass off as nothing and what I should actually pay attention to. I think its really important to notice those small things whilst living in a foreign country, it helps out a lot when you struggle with communication. 

Another thing I've learned is that peanut butter is so dang scarce here. I went to one store today and couldn't find any at all, and then went to a larger store and only found one small stock, which consisted of one brand, in the smallest bottle possible. For 2,50. This is a place where a large thing of nutella is around...3 euros or less. 
But anyways, I made peanut butter cookies today and mmm does that remind me of home or what. Those are horribly amazing, I don't know how well my weight is going to do over the month of December.......ohwell :D
I bought stamps today for the first time in a few months. The stack of letters was getting a bit too high which up-ed how guilty I was becoming by not sending them. So! A lucky 8 of you will be receiving a letter that should've been sent a month ago. I still love you. A lot. 
Turning 18 was wonderful. 
Oh and ps. I went the The XX concert and it basically changed my life. 

It was really incredible. I ended up crying in the arms of a Polish girl who didn't speak German, but she did speak English. I was right up in front, the xx really really knows how to put on a mind blowing concert. Big thanks to my parents for giving the ticket to me for my birthday! It was the best. 

1 comment: